2022 / 7 / 26
By: Madeeha Al-A’raj
The National Bureau for defending land and resisting settlements ( nbprs ) stated in its latest weekly report , that Israeli Minister of Interior, Ayelet Shaked announced her support for the settlers to construct outposts. And considered them as - wonderful boys - and praised their role, and that their sincerity is a guarantee of the victory of Zionism of any challenge externally and externally. Moreover, extremist settlers respond to the calls of the Nahla settlement Move to establish 6 outposts in the West Bank in the settlements of Psagot, Talmonim, Refafa. Thus, a number of tents were built on Palestinian lands near Kiryat Arba settlement. In Ramallah and Al-Bireh, the occupation forces closed the entrance to Burqa village with cement cubes, amid a heavy spread of settlers along Road 60.
Following Biden s visit to the region, the Israeli government began promoting the establishment of 2,000 new settlement units in the occupied city of Jerusalem, which would separate the towns of Beit Safafa and Sharafat, and the rest of the Jerusalem neighborhoods. The occupation authorities are encircling Beit Safafa and besieging it with new settlements, of which a plan to establish settlement units in the settlements of Givat Hamatos and Givat Hashakid .
They also started to establish a Judaizing tourist and commercial complex under the title “Mount Zion Complex” southwest of the blessed Al-Aqsa Mosque and the Old City, and on the lands of Wadi Al-Rababah, in cooperation between the occupation municipality and an Israeli hotel, and a construction company. The occupation authorities confiscated the 15 dunums of lands after occupying Jerusalem in 1967, and considered them as ‘state lands’ without allowing their owners to use them, but rather allocating them for the establishment of the Judaization project. According to the Israeli plan n. 6875, the complex will include the construction of 350 tourist and hotel rooms, 4 halls for meetings and Jewish events, in addition to swimming pools, game halls, and parking lots.
They allocated NIS 4.5 million to build a ‘historic temple and innovative visitor center’ in Silwan. According to the plan, the hostel´-or-the center and the synagogue will be built in an old building style that simulates the environment and the area adjacent to the walls of the Al-Aqsa Mosque, the old town and the Silwan neighborhood with its historical buildings and Umayyad palaces in the style of Arab domes and arches. Furthermore, they recently approved a settlement plan to seize 60.06 dunums of lands from the town of Jayyous in Qalqilya Governorate in order to establish a new settlement neighborhood belonging to the “Tzofim” settlement illegally located on the town’s lands. The plan includes building 92 new settlement units on the town s lands from the northwest side of the settlement.
Besides that the occupation authorities intend to change the allocation of land from an agricultural area to a residential area in “A” and “B” according to the Israeli classification, in addition to buildings and public institutions as well as commercial buildings, engineering facilities and internal roads. The settlement plan targets Basin n. 3 in areas known locally as the land of Wadi Husan and Khirbet Nawfal. It also seized about 1,480 dunums of the area surrounding the settlement of ‘Shilo’ from the lands of the villages of Jaloud and Qaryut, south of Nablus, and Turmus aia and al-Mughayir north of Ramallah in favor of expanding the settlements and the surrounding outposts under a military order.
They also published 3 new plans to build 702 settlement units in different locations in the West Bank, the initiation of which requires the seizure of about 734 dunums of Palestinian land in Ramallah Governorate, and “the second settlement plan bears n. 205/2/2, and takes over an area of 375.90 dunums near the town of Turmus’aya and the village of Jaloud. As for the third settlement plan in the Palestinian Jordan Valley bears n. 321/4.” It decides to seize about 254 dunums belonging to the village of Al-Nuweima.
List of Israeli Assaults over the Last Week Documented by the National Bureau:
• Organizing a major sports marathon with the participation of 10,000 Jews from all over the world, during which a number of main roads and streets were closed in the occupied city of Jerusalem.
• Demolishing a large wall consisting of castles and stone chains in the Najma area of Anata, adjacent to the main Al-Zaeem Street - Anata leading to areas southeast of Jerusalem, and issued 81 demolition and halting construction orders during the past two days In the town of Sur Baher.
• Stopping construction in a building near - American Street - before the bridge under the pretext of building without a permit.
• Orders to stop work in 6 housing units for citizens located in Arab al-Najada in the Bedouin desert east of Yatta, south of Hebron. They also notified Masafer Yatta’s citizen to remove a number of fruitful and forest trees, barbed wire and a number of wells in the Khallet al-Daba’ reserve within 96 hours. Citizens homes were attacked with stones and batons, and about 30 olive trees were burned, in addition to a number of forest trees in Karshan community.
• Demolishing 3 Bedouin homes in the for the second time in a month, many tents have been erected on Palestinian lands in the Al-Buwairah area, east of Hebron, surrounded by the settlements of Kiryat Arba and Kharsina.
• Threats to demolish 4 agricultural facilities built of tin in the village of Al-Mughayer on the pretext that they are located in Area C.
• Cutting down 30 olive trees aged 25 years old, in Turmusaya, and closed the Abu-Ein road near the plain with stones, to prevent citizens from accessing their lands.
• Uprooting about 400 olive seedlings from the lands of Deir Sharaf on the road between Nablus and Tulkarm,
• Wounding 3 citizens near the Einbus village, causing them severe injuries, and were admitted to hospital.
• Attacking farmers and shepherds in the town of Qarawat Bani Hassan, west of Salfit.
• Cuting down 60 olive trees in the northern area of Kafr ad-Dik town, and settlers took over an agricultural room in the town and rose flags there.
• Demolishing orders for homes and shops in Um al-Rihan village in Jenin Governorate. It is located in the 48 lands, but its residents hold a green identity and are prohibited from moving in the 48 areas except with special permits.
• Attacking the homes of citizens in the Arab al-Malihat area in al-Maarrajat, carrying out provocative tours between their homes, intimidating its residents, and under the protection of the occupation police and army, carried out an orgy in the Al-Auja Spring area, and threw stones at passing vehicles. Notifications to demolish a 30-square-meter residential building owned by Hafez Na im Masa id, and to stop work in a 70m2 cattle barracks owned by the same citizen.
• Demolishing a Palestinian house under construction near Aqabat Jaber camp, southwest of Jericho, owned by Ali Kershan from Jericho, under the pretext of building without a permit.