2021 / 5 / 25
By: Madeeha Al-A’raj
The National Bureau for defending land and resisting settlements ( nbprs ) stated in its latest weekly report , that the ruling circles in Israel attacks the Palestinian people on more than one front through a barbaric aggression on the Gaza Strip over the past 11 days, and at the same time, the Israeli Knesset continue enacting robbery bills to annex more Palestinian lands and legalize settlement outposts, such as, a draft law of fixing settlement neighborhoods and outposts in the West Bank, which were approved on 10th of this month, that obliges the Israeli government to initiate procedures for supplying settlement outposts and neighborhoods with all infrastructure, licensing buildings in them, and stopping all judicial procedures resulting from court rulings against any of these outposts.
In a preliminary reading, the Knesset approved two similar bills n 401 and n 402, which refer to dozens of settlement outposts and neighborhoods that were established by settlers’ initiative. Knowing that, the Knesset enacted the Settlements Bill, which establishes all these outposts, a large proportion of which were built on private Palestinian lands by force for the benefit of settlers. However, the High Court annulled the law after 3 years of its inaction in the year 2019, and accordingly the new draft law came to prevent any measures that change the status of these outposts on the ground and start fixing them until the Israeli government enacts a draft law´-or-new regulations that guarantee fixing these outposts.
Explanations of the bill stated that the Israeli government supports the regularization of the status of buildings, quarters, and neighborhoods that have been established in “Judea, Samaria and the Jordan Valley” over the past 20 years, in order to avoid unnecessary harm to the people there, thus allowing the people to live a healthy and orderly life, and receive full municipal services as required.
In response to all this, a member of the Knesset of the Joint List, Osama Sa’di said, “It is all shame and disgrace that the first bill proposed by the 24th Knesset is to legalize the illegal outposts. According to our opinion, all the settlements are illegal and it is an international crime. You shed tears for other citizens, but when the discussion revolves around "Youth Hills”, you are about to legalize this matter, and therefore you complain about why going to the International Court of Justice in Hague.”
At the same time, Knesset member Shlomo Karai from the Likud bloc, along with 3 other members submitted a bill to impose so-called “Israeli sovereignty” over the Jordan Valley and the northern Dead Sea area. Heads of the councils of the settlements in the Jordan Valley and the West Bank praised the initiative and called for a vote on it in the first reading in light of the plenary session of the Knesset. Knesset members have previously submitted new racist bills aimed at annexing large areas in the West Bank to the occupation state and imposing "sovereignty" over it, based on the settlement plan that the Trump’s administration blessed in January 2020.
Last week, the Knesset began discussing a bill that would abolish the civil administration in the occupied West Bank and transfer its powers to the Israeli government. This is a form of imposing the so-called “Israeli sovereignty over the occupied West Bank. Laws n 425/24 and 24/423 to annex more lands were also submitted to the Knesset . In the settlement plans also, the so-called Israeli Antiquities Authority confirmed that the excavation work to test the “flying train cable car route from the Al-Thawri and Silwan neighborhoods towards the Al-Buraq Wall and the Old City of occupied Jerusalem has begun about a month ago, and it stopped last week, after serious damages were caused to a water channel dating back to the Jebusite era, which remained solid for about 2000 years, and it admitted that one of the workers made a mistake in deflecting the location of digging above that canal in the Al-Thawri area, where the flying train line begins, which aims to promote the Zionist narrative
List of Israeli Assaults over the Last Week Documented by the National Bureau:
- Running over a number of Palestinians near the Lions Gate in Jerusalem.
- Attacking Palestinians in the Silwan town,
- Torching a car-wash in the En-Nabi Samwil, northwest of Jerusalem.
- Storming the village of Shuafat and attacking the citizens there, specifically in the plain area near the Ramat Shlomo settlement.
- Opening fire at a number of Palestinian in Shuafat and wounding 2 of them, then admitted to the Jerusalem hospitals.
- Storming the Mercy Gate cemetery adjacent to the Al-Aqsa Mosque and Al-Ghazali Square near the Lion Gate, and performing Talmudic rituals.
- Attempting to kidnap a thirteen-year-old child in the Wad Al-Joz neighborhood.
- Attacking the citizens vehicles with stones on the main street near the village of Um Safa, northwest of Ramallah.
- Closing the northern entrance to Al-Bireh, and preventing the citizens from entering´-or-leaving Ramallah and Al-Bireh.
- Closing the entrance to the village of Beitin and attacking the vehicles with stones.
- Attacking the citizens vehicles with stones on the road from Huwara Junction to Qalqilya, closed the road before citizens and burned a vehicle belonging to Amjad Riad Fawzi Dweikat.
- Attacking the outskirts of the town of Burin, south of Nablus and demolishing parts of a house under construction for the fifth time, torching lands there.
- Injuring 2 Palestinians by live bullets, others suffocated by tear gas near the village of Asira Al-Qibliya, south of Nablus.
- Attacking the Urif Boys High School and destroying the solar cells placed on its roof, as well as, opening fire and tear gas canisters towards the Palestinian which caused the injury of 4 youths with live ammunition.
- Torching a house in the Burin village and destroying 3 houses there.
- Storming the village of Ein-abus and torching agricultural areas under strict Israeli protection.
- Torching the eastern side of the town of Iraq Burin, south of Nablus, which led to the burning of dozens of trees in the area.
- Installing new monitoring cameras on the electricity poles over the Iskaka Bridge at the western entrance to the village.
- Establishing a new settlement outpost on the lands of the town of Deir Istia, a few meters away from the Nofim settlement near the Wadi Qana.
- Placing concrete cubes at the entrance to the town of Barta a, located inside the Annexation Wall, southwest of Jenin.
- Attacking the citizen s vehicles near the Mapo Dotan checkpoint, built on the land of the Yabed town, south of Jenin.
- Dozens of citizens suffocated as a result of inhaling tear gas, which was abundantly fired by the Israeli forces near the apartheid wall on the lands of Rummana village, west of Jenin.
- Preventing farmers in the Khirbet Humsa Al-Fawqa from harvesting their agricultural crops, expelled them and threatened to seize their tractors and the harvester under the pretext of being in a closed military zone.