2020 / 9 / 8
By: Madeeha Al-A’raj
The National Bureau for defending land and resisting settlements ( nbprs ) stated in its latest weekly report , that since 1967, the Israeli occupation colonial expansion in West Bank is still active, especially in Tulkarm Governorate. Recently, the settlement authorities have taken a series of arbitrary measures against the Palestinian people and their property, through confiscating large areas of their lands for the benefit of settlement projects, and spent billions of NIS in building settlements, outposts, and new industrial zones. Estimation showed that there are more than 300 Israeli factories in the West Bank, distributed in belts and settlement industrial zones, most of which are industrial zones that are extremely dangerous to the environment and health. It is also estimated that by the end of 2018, the occupation authorities and settlement councils have built about 25 industrial zones on the West Bank lands, of which 350 factories.
These settlement and the industrial areas are distributed among the various governorates in the West Bank, such as the industrial zone of Shahak belonging to the settlement of Shaked in the Jenin Governorate, the factories for packaging and export of dates in Tubas Governorate and the Jordan Valley, as well as industries for agricultural and animal wealth belonging to the settlement of Shdmut Mijula, the Allon Moreh industrial area of the settlement of Allon Moreh in Nablus governorate, which specializes in aluminum, leather tanning, chemical cleaning products, plastics, fiberglass, and Nitzani Shalom Industrial Zone in Tulkarm Governorate, west of Tulkarm on the Green Line-;- Which includes the factories of Gishuri, Shahaf, Yamit and others specialized in the production of pesticides, agricultural fertilizers, fiberglass for thermal insulation and others, and the industrial zone of the settlement of El-Fei Menashe, Karni Shimron, Amnuel and Kadumim, distributed between the governorates of Nablus and Qalqilya and specialized in the manufacture of cleaning materials, aluminum, fiberglass tubes, paper industry, iron industry and other industrial area in Salfit Governorate, which is distributed over Barkan Industrial Zone, Ariel Industrial area, Ali Zahav Industrial area, and Kanah Industrial Area, where the plastics industry, iron industry, food products, leather tanning, batteries, aluminum industry and air-conditioning industry are widespread-;- It is affiliated with the existing settlements in the governorate, and the industrial zone of Ma aleh Ephraim in Jericho Governorate, specializes in manufacturing masks against gases, chemical weapons, military industrial products.
Furthermore, in the middle of the western area, industrial zones are many, such as, the Modiin Industrial Zone, Mafo Horon Industrial Zone, the Industrial Zone of Shilo, which relies on industry, fiberglass, cement, leather tanning industry, the rubber industry, plastic industry, as well as Aluminum.. While there are 2 industrial areas in the Jerusalem Governorate, they are the “Mishor Adumim” industrial zone that belongs to the Ma ale Adumim Binyamin Industrial Settlement. They produce Aluminum, wine industry and food supplies. The industrial zone belts are also spread in the Bethlehem and Hebron Governorates. In the Bethlehem Governorates there are the Beitar Illit industrial zone affiliated to the settlement of Beitar Illit and the Efrat industrial zone, as well as related to the manufacture of chemicals, chlorine and others.
On the other hand, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu pledged during a press conference that accompanied by Jared Kushner, son-in-law and senior advisor to US President Donald Trump, and US National Security Adviser Robert O Brien in occupied Jerusalem, not to evacuate any settlement´-or-evacuate any settler in the West Bank. In this context also, the absolute majority of the members of the Israeli Knesset supports a bill requiring a public referendum before evacuating any settlement in the West Bank, which was prepared by the President of the Knesset Foreign Affairs and Security Committee, Zvi Hauser, and has the support of deputies from the Likud, Right, Yisrael Beiteinu, and Haredi parties. This represents 68 deputies out of 120, as the bill will be put to the vote in the Knesset within weeks, and the law aims to prevent the implementation of the Supreme Court’s decision, from last week, to evacuate and demolish homes in the settlement of Mitzpe Karamim, even though they are built on private Palestinians’ land.
List of Israeli Assaults over the Last Week, Documented by the National Bureau:
• Forcing a Jerusalemite to destroy his own house in the Jabal al-Mukaber in Jerusalem to avoid paying fines in case of being destroyed by the Israeli bulldozers.
• Forcing 2 brothers to demolish their own houses in the Al-Ashqaryia neighborhood of Beit Hanina, north of Jerusalem, under the pretext of building without having a building permit.
• Breaking into Palestinian houses in Al-Shuhada Street, that was closed for nearly 20 years.
• Handing notices of demolition of five houses belonging to Fayez Al-Faqir, Omran Yousef Burqan, Yousef Saeed AlAnjouri, Jaafar Al-Qadi and Yousef Al Ajluni and gave them 96 hours before it is going to proceed with the demolitions.
• Demolishing 2 houses in Khirbet Jnba, south of the Yatta town, and agricultural room, water well and two inhabited houses.
• Seizing a large quantity of stone and special bricks for building houses in the Taqow town of southeast of Bethlehem.
• Breaking into the al-Halqom area, west of the town, seized 15 blocks of stone and building brick from a house under construction belonging to Mohammed Fahd Chawraya under the pretext of not having a building permit.
• Wounding 4 citizens from the Kafr Malek village east of Ramallah, including a 9 months pregnant woman, by throwing stones at their car near the Tormosaiya town.
• Confiscating a package of building materials, that was used to build the “Tahadi” school in the Bedouin community of Wadi al-Tin, near the Kafr Malik village, east of Ramallah.
• Breaking the Bedouin Wadi Al-Siq community near the Deir Dabouan village, east of Ramallah, photographed the residents’ homes and barns.
• Breaking into the archeological site in the Sebastia town north of Nablus, closed it under strict Israeli protection.
• Preventing the construction of an agricultural road in the Galod village, southeast of Nablus, in the southern area behind the Galod High School.
• Destroying a number of Palestinian vehicles by stones and empty bottles near Elie settlement, south Nablus.
• Erecting tents, facilities, livestock barns and fencing large areas of the neighboring lands in the Abu Al-Qandol area, south of Ein Al-Helwa in the northern valleys, to expand the settlement outpost.