2020 / 9 / 1
by : Madeeha AAraj
The National Bureau for defending land and resisting settlements ( nbprs ) stated in its latest weekly report , that the political and media circles said that Israeli PM Netanyahu had frozen plans for settlement construction in the West Bank last week, including the Jordan Valley, and he didn’t grant permits for settlement expansion over the last months. In fact, whathas been leaked is part of the political maneuvers and lies that Netanyahu and some circles in his government carry out with the aim of calming down reactions on Israeli settlement plans, and annexation plans, which are still on the agenda of Benjamin Netanyahu and the ruling right-wing parties in Israel.
Evidences are many as they have approved the building of thousands of settlement units on the lands of the villages of Al-Tur, Anata, Al-Eizariya, and Abu Dis in E1 area, as part of the Greater Jerusalem settlement project, which would lead to linking all the settlements located in the eastern area and outside the borders of the municipality of the occupation in Jerusalem with the settlements within the municipal boundaries of Moshe Lyon, and thus it turns Arab villages into besieged ghettos, besides the fact that annexing large areas of land in the West Bank to the boundaries of the Greater Jerusalem municipality according to the plans.
The National Bureau for Defending the Land and Resisting settlement stated in its recent reports that a discussion had taken place in back channels of communication within the Israeli government coalition and with the White House to start construction in the aforementioned area in the context of planning to annex settlement blocs in the vicinity of Jerusalem to the city to expand its borders to what Israel names “Greater Jerusalem” as a step that could be acceptable and as a starting point in the annexation process and the implementation of US President Donald Trump s vision.
In any case, a member of the “Meretz Party”, Lores Wharton, unveiled a bid to build 5,300 settlement units on the borders of the Green Line south of Jerusalem, part of them on Al Walaja lands in the occupied West Bank, and said that the Appeals Committee of the Planning and Building Council will discuss within a month the objections that were submitted to preserve urban natural sites. According to the tender published by the “Moria” company affiliated with the municipality, which will implement development work for itself and the Jerusalem municipality to build a new residential settlement neighborhood on the southern slopes in south Jerusalem, and that the area of the plan is distributed over 840 dunums, it is proposed to build a new residential neighborhood with about 5,000 apartments and about 300 protected housing units. The construction of apartments in complexes consisting of 5-12 floors according to the nature of the mountainous region. According to the plan, the area is extended in the form of a strip located between West Jerusalem and the West Bank lands, which is a forested area located south of the city.
At the same time, a plan to build a new settlement city in the Jordan Valley was unveiled, as the Hebrew Channel 7 reported: A group called “Israel 2030” announced the erection of a new city in the Jordan Valley, adding that the site of the new city is located on the axis. Alon “near the Moshav Getet settlement.” The first phase of building the city includes building about thousands of housing units on the site. The Hebrew Channel quoted Major General Gershon HaCohen of the "security" movement “an Israeli movement that includes officers in the occupation army”, which announced its participation in building the settlement city, as saying: “This is an opportunity for Netanyahu after postponing the implementation of sovereignty (the annexation plan) to lead the establishment of a city in the Jordan Valley. As part of the consolidation of sovereignty, HaCohen claimed that there is a broad consensus in “Israel” about the future of the Jordan Valley, calling on Netanyahu to support the establishment of the city.
On the other hand, the so-called Israeli Supreme Court approved a regulation allowing for the confiscation of land with private Palestinian ownership, after it issued a decision to evacuate the settlement outpost of “Mitzpe Karmim” built on private Palestinian land and accept the appeal of the landowners (Hazem Ajaj and Rabi` Dawood) in the village of Deir Jarir, east of Ramallah. In its decision, it touched the so-called “market” regulation, which allows the confiscation of private Palestinian lands if the land is transferred the “market” regulation is based on section 5 of Order n. 59 on government property in the West Bank, according to which: “The transaction between the government property commissioner in the occupied territories and another person will remain in effect, even “if it turns out at a later time that the movable property was not in fact governmental. That is, as long as the transaction was done (as it has been called) it is good faith ." In the reactions of the extreme Israeli right to the decision to evacuate the settlement outpost, the former Israeli Minister of Justice, Ayelet Shaked, said in a tweet on her Twitter account that the Supreme Court’s decision is a damn ruling that must be abolished and claimed that there is no justice in the treatment of the residents of that settlement outpost. Smotrich asked Netanyahu to work to impose legislation that cancels the court s decision, considering that if he does not do so, “history will judge him and remember him as the prime minister who caused the destruction of the settlement Mitzpe Karmim and perpetuate the ruling of the left-wing Supreme Court.
List of Israeli Assaults over the Last Week , Documented by the National Bureau:
• Demolishing Palestinians houses in Jerusalem, as well as forcing Jerusalemites to demolish their own houses to avoid paying for that.
• Forcing a Palestinian to demolish the foundations of his old house last week in the Karam Al-Sheikh area, Silwan.
• Handing demolishing notices of two residential buildings in the Wade al-Hams area, south of Jerusalem.
• Forcing 2 brothers to demolish their own houses in the Sor-Baher town to avoid paying a fine ranging from NIS 100,000 to 200,000.
• Demolishing a Palestinian house in the Ein AL-Luza Neighborhood in the Silwan town, and demolished building and barns in the east of Al-Isawiya town.
• The Israeli settlers of Motsbbi Yair and Sossia cut and demolished hundreds of olive trees in the Tumin area.
• Attacking Palestinians in the Tel Al-Rumeida neighborhood in Hebron under Israeli protection to evacuate citizens from their homes and lands and turn them into Israeli outposts.
• Handing Palestinian notices of the suspension of work in their lands in the Beren village in Hebron.
• Building a new settlement road to the west of Dura in a step for establishing a new Israeli outpost in Al-Faqiqis area in order to stop the expansion of Dora and the western villages, which means the dismemberment of the whole southern western area.
• Handing notice to bulldoze a street built in 2007 that serves the citizens in the Kissan village, east Bethlehem.
• Handing notices to demolish two inhabited houses for two brothers in the Al-Minya village, southeast of Bethlehem, each of which is about 200 m2, under the pretext of not having a building permit.
• Handing notices to demolish 3 inhabited houses and others of stopping the construction in their homes destroyed a retaining wall and bulldozing a side street in the Bakosh area, south of the Nahalin town west of Bethlehem.
• Organizing an Israeli settler march towards the Tako’a settlement that built on the lands of the Taqoa village under Israeli forces protection, making their roads at a distance of 5 km to provoke the citizens. The Israeli soldiers closed the streets to secure them.
• Demolishing 8 barns and seized their equipment in the Wadi Al-Seq community east of Ramallah, displaced their residents as well. The targeted area is located within the areas threatened by annexation along the Aylon settlement road.
• Erecting a mobile house on the lands of Yanun in the Betah town, south of Nablus near the settlement of "777" in the area called Jabal Abdullah.
• Setting fire to a Palestinian vehicle in the Asira Al-Qabilya town, south of Nablus, wrote racial slogans on the walls of houses.
• Attacking a Palestinian vehicle on its way to Nablus with stones, near Hawara checkpoint.
• In an unprecedented terrorist act, the Israeli forces planted explosive devices on a street side in the Kafr Qadum village in an attempt to intimidate the residents and prevent the peaceful weekly March that is being held on the lands of village east of Qalqilya in their protest against the closure of the main street, which links it to Nablus.
• Demolishing a building under construction and handed a demolition order of two Carpentry in the Araba town, southwest of Jenin under the pretext of building without having a permit.