2020 / 8 / 17
By: Madeeha Al-A’raj
It was not surprising of signing the agreement between Israel and the UAE, but it was rude in terms of form and timing as it provoked the Palestinian official and popular reactions as Trump’s announced it to normalize relations, exchange embassies and joint cooperation in several fields such as energy, tourism, -dir-ect flights, investment, security, and communications And technology, health care, culture, environment and others, where his peace envoy Jared Kouchner congratulated Muslims around the world the readiness of Ben Gurion Airport “Lod” to receive them to do prayer at Al-Aqsa Mosque, while officials in the United Arab Emirates claimed that they provided a service to the Palestinian people by suspending the scheme to impose Israeli sovereignty on large areas of the occupied West Bank.
For his part, the Israeli Prime Minister, Netanyahu announced during a press conference that the agreement between Israel and the UAE does not involve any change in the annexation plan, through which the occupation seeks to impose its sovereignty over lands in the occupied West Bank, and the Supervising Committee revealed Settlement building in the E1 area, northeast of Jerusalem, that tenders will be announced to start building 1,000 settlement units within weeks.
In the midst of the current conflict in the Israeli courts against the practices of the occupation authorities and forces in Masafer Yatta in the Hebron governorate, an Israeli document found in the state archives recently revealed methods practiced by the Israeli occupation in order to deport Palestinians from their lands by announcing that they are ‘Firearms training areas,’ without there being a military need to occupy these territories. The Association for Civil Rights in Israel submitted the document to the Supreme Court, as part of a petition by citizens of villages in the area of the town of Yatta, in the south of Mount Hebron, against the process of deporting them from their lands.
The document was found by the Akefot Institute for the Study of the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict. The document dates back to 1981, and documents the instruction of the Israeli Minister of Agriculture at the time, Ariel Sharon, to control lands in the Yatta area, to deport its residents from it, and to turn them into training areas with live fire for the benefit of the Israeli army and to stop the ‘spread of the rural mountain Arabs’ there. According to the document, Sharon proposed to the representatives of the General Staff to close training areas on the borders located on the slopes of the Hebron mountains towards what the Israelis call the Judean desert, in order to preserve these areas as important for Jewish settlement.
Here a list of Israeli Assaults over the Last Week, Documented by the National Bureau:
• Israeli court refused to freeze the decision of demolishing Fadi Elian’s house, a guard of Al Aqsa Mosque, who live in it more than 10 years>
• Forcing a citizen to demolish his own house in Jerusalem under the pretext of building without a permit.
• Destroying a three-story residential building in the Silwan town.
• Forcing two Jerusalemite to demolish his own house by imposing high financial fines in the Sheikh Jarrah neighborhood.
• Bulldozing many areas in the Beit Aksa village alleging the search for the remains of a soldier killed in 1969, and interrogated the elderly people in the town.
• Forcing a citizen to demolish a part of his own house under the pretext of building without a permit
• Demolishing a wall under construction in the Qalandia village, distributed demolition notices as well.
• Seizing three water pumps used for irrigation in the Beit Amr town north of Hebron.
• Erecting a surveillance room on Abu Jindhi Hill, east of Yatta town.
• Destroying a residential tent belonging to Ahmad Al-Nuwaa a in the Mosafer Yatta, south of Hebron.
• Handing a citizen a notice of the suspension of work at his home, and confiscated construction equipment at the Mosafer Yatta south of Hebron.
• Confiscating a residential tent in the gathering of Maghyer Abeed in the Mosafer Yatta town.
• The demolition of a house in Khirbet Beit Askaria, south of Bethlehem, belonging to Numan Muhammad Saad, under the pretext of not being licensed.
• Demolishing a house in Khirbet Beit Askaria, south of Bethlehem, belonging to Numan Muhammad Saad, under the pretext of not having a permit.
• Bulldozing agricultural lands and demolishing retaining walls on the pretext that it is an antiquities area in the Wadi Rahal area, south of Bethlehem.
• Uprooting 100 olive seedlings and the dangers of demolishing barracks for raising sheep and livestock in the Al-Arabiya area of the town of Tuqu.
• Storming parks and archaeological sites in the village of Al-Badan, northeast of Nablus.
• Settlers set fire to fields planted with olive trees, in the lands of the village of Jeet, south of nablus
• Demolishing a water tank and a residential house in the village of Farasin, in the Ya bad area, west of Jenin.