2020 / 8 / 10
By: Madeeha Araj,
The National Bureau for defending land and resisting settlements ( nbprs ) stated in its latest weekly report , that the Israeli government approved the construction of thousands of settlement units on the lands of Al-Tur, Anata, Al-Eizariya, and Abu Dis villages in the E1 area, within the greater Jerusalem settlement project, which would completely close the eastern area of Jerusalem and encircle the Anata, Al-Tur and Hizma’s areas. The settlement project would link all settlements in the eastern region and beyond the boundaries of the Israeli Occupation Jerusalem Municipality with other settlement in the so-called Moshe Laion municipality. Thus, it turns Arab villages into besieged ones, as well as annexing wide areas of lands in the West Bank to the borders of Jerusalem.
Palestinian sources at the National Bureau reported that deliberations took place between the Israeli government coalition and the White House to start construction in the aforementioned area in the context of planning to annex settlement blocs in the vicinity of Jerusalem to the city in order to expand its borders to create what they named “Greater Jerusalem” as a step that can be accepted, and a start to implement the US President Donald Trump’s vision on that.
For its turn, Israeli rights organization “Air-Ameem”, which launched a campaign against the dangerous settlement project, revealed that the settlement construction in E1 project would destroy Bedouin communities living in the eastern area of Jerusalem and along the area to the outskirts of the Jordan Valley, where many Palestinian communities in these areas are under constant Israeli efforts to be evicted and deprived from their land and homes.
At a time when the Israeli occupation authorities demolished a number of agricultural and livestock facilities, bulldozed about 14 dunums in the northern region for citizens in the Issawiya town, Jerusalem, and forced families in various neighborhoods of the city to demolish their houses and commercial facilities on their own in Silwan under the pretext of building without a permit. it also demolished a house the in Beit Hanina town, north of occupied Jerusalem under the pretext of building without a permit. I t was reported that during the first half of this year, Israeli occupation demolished in the neighborhoods of Jerusalem, 74 houses, and handed over 53 demolition orders.
In Hebron, the occupation forces bulldozed large swaths of land adjacent to the “Neghout” settlement, in Dura, and paved new roads in the area for settlement purposes. In a step not devoid of the meanings of annexation and the imposition of Israeli laws, the occupation courts rejected a petition filed by the Hebron municipality with the aim of preventing settlers from establishing an electric elevator in the Al-Ibrahimi Mosque.
In Bethlehem, the occupation authorities also seized hundreds of dunams of lands from the village of Keysan, east of Bethlehem, after they stormed the Al-Tina area, south of the village, and informed the citizens there that they were prevented from entering the area, and that it was seized for military purposes to establish 224 settlement units to expand the “Ibi Hanhal” settlement, which is built on citizens lands east of the village. It is said that the occupation authorities recently seized 700 dunums in the vicinity of Al-Fardis village in the governorate. The Israeli occupation forces have installed mobile homes on bulldozed lands in the village, near that settlement
In the Jordan Valley, the Israeli forces hindered the extension of a water line for drinking southeast of Toubas and detained a bulldozer that was working on extending the 1800-meter water line. Moreover, settlers put water tanks and started planting trees in the Hmir area in the Farsia, several meters away from citizens tents. They also stole equipment and tools belonging to a number of citizens in the northern area after they broke into Khirbat Samra and stole with barns, tents, water tanks and kitchen utensils for families there. The theft included 5 tons of wheat and barley, four tents, three water tanks, each capacity of 1.5 cups and all kitchen contents.
A list of Israeli Assaults over the Last Week, Documented by the National Bureau:
• Storming the Al-Aqsa Mosque courtyards under strict Israeli protection headed by the extremist settlers, former of the Israeli Agriculture Minister, Uri Ariel, and Rabbi Yehuda Kroyzer. The so-called Temple group has called on to establish a Judaization marathon to support its activities and break into the Al Aqsa Mosque in the memory of what they call “the ruin of the Temple”.
• Attacking a Palestinian family in the Gibbia village west of Birzeit, and brutally beat them.
• Demolishing facilities inside agricultural land in the Rentis village northwest of Ramallah.
• Handing demolition orders to 4 houses’ owners in the Berin village, east of Hebron.
• Demolishing a wall on the bypass road in the Zif Bita area, south of Hebron, under the pretext of building without a permit, as well as the floor of a house under construction in the Beit Awa town, southwest of Hebron under the pretext of building without a permit
• Handing notices of stop construction and demolition of a number of houses and agricultural facilities in the Ethna town, west of Hebron, in the "Al-Khirbat al-Bida" and “Wad al-Shomer” areas, west of the town.
• Notifying to stop working in two tin houses and a sheep barn in the Susiya village, east of Yatta, south of Hebron, and demolishing 4 buildings in the Sha`b al-Butm town.
• Demolishing a residential room in the Wadi Jhaish area east of Yatta.
• Bulldozing lands belonging to the Shauhain family in the Khelal Al-Adra area, east of Yatta.
• Demolishing a car-wash facility, seized all its equipment in the Al-Khader town, south of Bethlehem.
• Handing a number of notices of the suspension of construction in the Walajeh village in the Ein Guyze area.
• Demolishing sheep barns in the Kessan village under the pretext of not having a building permit.
• Notification to stop constructing in 2 inhabited houses under the pretext of not having a building permit, in the Al-Minya village.
• Erecting an iron gate on the lands of the Karimzan monastery in Beit Jala, which prevents citizens from accessing their agricultural lands in the Wadi Abu Ahmad and Ayn Yalu areas.
• Torching lands planted with olive trees and almonds in the Hawara town, south of Nablus.
• Preventing the completion of a road paving project in the Asira al-Qibliya town, south of Nablus, and confiscating a vehicle there under the pretext of working in the C Area as well as confiscating a vehicle and shifted it to the Gilad settlement.
• Bulldozing a land in the Awarta town, east of Nablus.
• Targeting a number of citizens near the water well of Deir Sharaf west of Nablus, after setting a tent and putting a caravan by settlers in the area.
• Storming the historical area of Al-Masaudi north of Nablus.
• Handing notices to demolish Frasin village that has 200 people near the Yabed city, west of Jenin, as they broke into the village and handed 36 demolition orders to all villagers living there. The village located between the Yabed town in Jenin, and the Qafeen town in Tulkarm.
• Handing demolishing order of an agricultural room in the Al-Zawiya town west of Salfit.
• Seizing 15 dunums of land from the Rafat village, west of Salfit.
• Storming the Kafr Al-Dik town west of Salfit and handed over 9 demolition orders including seven houses, of which 3 under construction, a barn and a room inside a farm in the Sha’ab town.
• Uprooting a number of olive trees and cutting off the electricity wires in the agricultural room in the Barqin and Kafr Al-Deek towns, west of Salfit.
• Seizing 2 agricultural tractors in the north of Jericho near road no. 90, parallel to the entrance of Al-Zubeidat village.
• Notifying to stop work barn in the Ras Al-Ahmar area southeast of Tubas.
• Uprooting dozens of palms in the Al-Juftlak village as well as demolishing agricultural ponds, each feeding at least 70 agricultural dunums in the Al-Shouna area.