2020 / 5 / 18
The National Bureau for defending land and resisting settlements ( nbprs ) stated in its latest weekly report , that Palestinians worldwide marked the 72 annual Nakba day this year, while Israeli settlement plans are stepping up in the occupied Palestinian territories, as Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu is pushing the Israeli emergency government to speed up the enactment of laws that allow the annexation of Palestinian lands within the so-called Zionist-American “deal of the century” that aimed at liquidating the Palestinian national cause and fixes, including the right of return and self-determination. Since the beginning of the year, the West Bank including East Jerusalem have witnessed a feverish acceleration in Israeli settlement activities by announcing scores of settlement plans, land leveling operations and the destruction of property of the Palestinian citizens, besides, settlers’ escalation of attacks on Palestinian citizens in the agricultural and pastoral in C areas in order to compel them leave their land there.
At the regional and international levels, condemnation stances are continued against Israeli policy - while the world is fighting against the Corona pandemic - to impose more settlement facts on the ground. In an interview with the Der Spiegel Magazine, with King of Jordan Abdullah II warned Israel of a “massive conflict” if it proceeds with plans to annex large parts of the occupied West Bank, as European -union- Foreign Ministers met Friday to discuss what action the bloc might take in response to such a move. The King added, “I don’t want to make threats and create an atmosphere of loggerheads, but we are considering all options. We agree with many countries in Europe and the International community that the law of strength should not apply in the Middle East," he said.
For its part, Human Rights Watch Organization issued a statement on the Israeli occupation policies against the Palestinian people owners of the land, coinciding with the 72nd anniversary of the Palestinian people’s catastrophe, the organization said that the policy of tightening the screws on Palestinian communities exceeds the West Bank and Gaza Strip, to reach the Palestinians in Palestinian towns and villages inside Israel, and the racist policies and persecution practiced are being systematically and strictly implemented over the past seven decades and in all of historic Palestine-;- which led to the isolation of the Palestinians in ghettos, and curbed their ambitions to develop´-or-respond to the requirements of natural expansion. Acting -dir-ector of the Middle East’s division at the organization said that Israeli policy, on both sides of the Green Line, is screwing Palestinians in crowded places.
In Jerusalem, the District Planning and Building Committee in the occupation municipality decided to put forward a judaization scheme aimed at expanding the tunnel of AlMosrara known as ‘Tasahol’ at the expense of the Palestinian lands east towards the Sheikh Jarrah neighborhood, to reach a length of 800 meters now in an attempt to change the face of the city along the road no. I that separates East Jerusalem from its West to extends over 1,300 meters along the road from the east.
In the Nablus Governorate, settlers under the protection of the occupation army bulldozed more than 30 donums of agricultural land from the village of Burin in favor of expanding the “Yitzhar settlement.” At the same time, a group of settlers stormed the archaeological site in the town of Sebastia protected by Israeli soldiers north of Nablus last week in an attempt o Judaize the area that contains many historical monuments and graves. On the Tulkarm Nablus road, settlers stole seedlings, agricultural equipment, fruit trees, and irrigation pipes from a nursery plant.
Seizing 37 donums belonging to Palestinian farmers with the aim of expanding the “Rayhan settlement” near Jenin, and offering a bid for the establishment of a recreational village for settlers in that area. Moreover, scores of settlers stormed the “Tarsala” area near the village of Sanur, south of Jenin, an area that was evacuated in 2005, and chanted racist and anti-Arab slogans and performed Talmudic prayers there.
List of Israeli Settlers Assaults over the Last Week , Documented by the National Bureau:
• Cutting down about 40 olive trees in the Al-Maghier lands northeast of Ramallah and Prevented citizens from reaching their land.
• Writing racist slogans on houses walls in the Betein village, including “We won’t rest until blood is shed", and "our soldiers life is more important than our enemies’ life.”
• Destroying tents and barns in the south of Al-Taiba town east of Ramallah
• Seizing equipment and iron bridges belonging belonging to Raft Sarhan from the Farsh Al-Hawa, west of Hebron.
• Banning work in 8 houses, a park, and retaining walls in the Nahalin town, west of Bethlehem.
• Storming the Tagu’ town, east of Bethlehem.
• Scores of citizens suffocated due to firing tear gas bombs, during Friday prayers over the lands of Al-Sawiya town, which is under threat of confiscation south of Nablus.
• Throwing stones towards citizens vehicles near the Burin village, south of Nablus, as well as attacking the Palestinian houses there.
• Handing notifications of demolishing of agricultural facilities in several areas of the Jordan Valley of which one belonging to Hamed Abu Hatab from the Ain Shibli in the northern Jordan Valley.
• Handing Nasr Zubeidat from Al-Jiftlik a notice to stop working in a water pool, and to Munir Nassara to stop working in agricultural barns and a water pool.
• Notifying to stop working at an agricultural barn in the Al-Buqei a plain south of Tubas belonging to to Rami Bani Odeh, under the pretext of not having a building permit.
• In Khirbet Umm al-Qubbah, settlers grazed their cows on the agricultural lands of citizens to damage crops and control the land.
• Stealing a new water line to irrigate in the Khirbet Yarza.
• Demolishing cattle barns in the Ras Al-Ahmar and Al-Buqei a in the northern Jordan Valley, and seized water lines belonging to Mwafaq Daraghmeh, as well as demolishing his cattle barns.