Mohamed Ibrahim Bassyouni
2020 / 5 / 2
Social distance means keeping space between you and other people outside your home.
* Keep at least 6 feet (about 2 arm) away from others
* Do not group in groups
* Stay away from crowded places and avoid mass gatherings
In addition to the daily steps to prevent COVID-19, preserving the space between you and others is one of the best tools we should avoid to expose to this virus and slow its spread locally and across the country and the world.
When COVID-19 spreads anywhere, everyone should restrict close contact with individuals in public places since people can spread the virus before they know they are sick, it is important to stay away from others when possible, even if you have no symptoms for any disease .
COVID-19 is mainly spread among people in close contact (within about 6 feet). Diffusion occurs when an infected person coughs, sneezes´-or-talks, and drops from his mouth´-or-nose are released into the air and landed in the mouths´-or-noses of close people. Drops can also be inhaled in the lungs. Recent studies indicate that infected people with no symptoms are also likely to play a role in the spread of COVID-19.
It may be possible for a person to obtain COVID-19 by touching a surface´-or-object containing the virus and then touching his mouth, nose,´-or-eye. However, this is not believed to be the main method of spreading the virus. COVID-19 can live for hours´-or-days on the roofs. Social spacing helps reduce contact with infected people and contaminated surfaces.
Although the risk of developing the disease may vary from person to person, anyone can obtain and publish COVID-19.
* If you need to shop to buy food´-or-medicine at the grocery store´-or-pharmacy, stay at least 6 feet away from others.
* Consider better delivery service.
* Cover your mouth and nose with a face cloth cover when you are close to others, including when you have to go out in public
* Keep at least 6 feet between you and others, even when wearing a face cover as well.
* Avoid large and small gatherings in private and public places, such as a friend s house, parks, restaurants, shops´-or-any other place. This advice applies to people of any age, including teenagers and young adults.
* Work from home as possible.
* If possible, avoid using any type of public transportation, ride sharing´-or-taxi.
What is the difference between quarantine and isolation?
Quarantine is used to keep a person who may have been exposed to COVID-19 away from others. A person remains quarantined, and-limit-s movement outside of his home´-or-current location. A person may have been exposed to the virus without his knowledge (for example, when traveling´-or-leaving the community),´-or-he might be infected with the virus without feeling symptoms. Quarantine helps-limit- the spread of COVID-19.
Isolation is used to separate patients from healthy people. Isolated people must stay at home. At home, any sick person must separate from others by staying in a specific bedroom´-or-space and using a different bathroom (if applicable).