2020 / 4 / 30
The National Bureau for defending land and resisting settlements ( nbprs ) stated in its latest weekly report , that the main goal of forming the new Israeli Coalition Government between the Israeli Likud Party leader, PM Netanyahu, and leader of the Blue and White Party, Benny Gantz is to impose Israeli sovereignty on the Jordan Valley and settlements in the occupied West Bank, escalate aggression against the Palestinian people - abusing the world’s preoccupation with confronting the Covid-19 - and to prevent the Palestinians any possibility for self-determination in line with the US President Donald Trump s plan to settle the Palestinian - Israeli conflict and the Palestinian Issue outside the framework of International Law, and International Legitimacy Resolutions, as of next July.
Within the context, the US Secretary of State, Mike Pompeo’s announced last week that the decision to annex lands in the occupied West Bank is an Israeli affair, which means giving a green light for Netanyahu-Gantz s government to proceed with the imposition of Israeli sovereignty over lands in the West Bank, as soon as, the American - Israeli team finish mapping, which allows the Israeli Government to -dir-ectly and unilaterally implement the Deal of the Century.
In international reactions, UNs’ coordinator for the Peace Process, Nikolai Meladinov warned that any possible annexation of Palestinian lands to Israel would be a devastating blow to the principle of a two-state solution. Meanwhile, Josep Borrell the High Representative of the European -union-’s said in statement that any Israeli annexation to Palestinian land is serious violation of international law. The statement added that the European -union-’s position on the status of the Palestinian occupied territories by Israel in 1967 remains unchanged. In line with international law and relevant UN Security Council resolutions, including resolutions 242 of 1967 and 338 of 1973, the European -union- does not recognize Israeli sovereignty over the occupied West Bank. The European -union- reiterates that any annexation would constitute a serious violation of international law.
At the same time, majority of the Security Council’s members confirmed their rejection of these plans´-or-the recognition of any unilateral changes that undermine the June 4th, 1967 borders. For its part, Russia expressed concern about the unilateral implementation plans of the so-called ‘deal of the century.’ The Irish Deputy Prime Minister, and Minister of Foreign and Trade Affairs, Simon Koveni talked about the dangers of annexation of lands in the West Bank, saying, it is part of the occupied Palestinian territories, and that International Law prohibits the annexation of lands by force.
On the other hand, in the context of the policy of Judaization and the ongoing settlement plans, the Judicial Adviser to the Occupation Government, Avaihai Mandelblit, approved a decision to seize the lands of the Ibrahimi Mosque in Hebron, and use them in favor of settlement projects, under the pretext of development and expansion. In Salfit, settlers protected by Israeli soldiers began razing the lands of the citizens in the villages of Yasuf and Iskaka, east of Salfit, in the Bab Al-Sirb area adjacent to the “Neve Nehemia” settlement that was established on the lands of the citizens south of Yasuf and east of Iskaka, on the pretext that it was adjacent to the settlement, while the settlers started to rebuild of 6 buildings in the outpost called “Kumi Uri” near the Yitzhar settlement, south of Nablus.
Furthermore, settler violence extended to the Hebron Governorate protected by Israeli soldiers, where they continued orgy attacks against the Palestinian citizens. They attacked farmers in Khirbet Al-Kharouba while they were harvesting their crops in the Masafer Yatta, south of Hebron, and in Beit Umar, north of Hebron. The occupation also prevented farmers from working on their lands and reclaiming them in the Bouira area, which has an area of about 25 dunums, and they warned to beat them should they come back to this area.
Here alist of Israeli Settlers Assaults over the Last Week ,Documented by the National Bureau:
- Breaking into 50 houses in Jerusalem and handed their owners a fine with NIS 5000 under the pretext of distributing the holy light on Easter.
- Storming the Kufr Aqab village, north of Jerusalem, and removed banners about Palestine.
- Handing Jamal Rabae a notice to remove a residential tent that houses his family of 6 individuals. On the other hand, settlers attacked the child, Ahmad Al-Qaoud, verbally abused and threatened him to death in the Al-Sahla neighborhood.
- Planting seedlings in the lands of Khlet Al-Qatn, near the Artas village, belonging to Zainab Abu Senina, south of Bethlehem. Knowing that the the lands there were seized in 2004 by the Israeli occupation under the pretext that they are State lands.
- Notifying Salah Al-Mahsiri of the demolition of his house within 96 hours in the Umm Rukba area near the Al-Khader town, south of Bethlehem, under the pretext of not having a building permit, as well as notifying of the demolition of two inhabited houses in the same area under the same pretext.
- Storming Kofol Hares town, and performed Talmudic rituals in the historic area of the graves protected by Israeli forces that restricted movement of citizens under the pretext of Covid-19.
- Cutting down about 33 olive trees in the Al-Sawiya town, south of Nablus, and demolishing two facilities in the Sebastia and Burqa villages northwest of Nablus, as well as demolishing a caravan belonging to Mushir Saif in the Al-Masoudia area near Burqa village, which was demolished last year.
- Notifying to suspend work in a mosque under construction in the Kardala village in the northern Jordan Valley until the 4th of next month, under the pretext of not having a building license.
- Burning large areas of agricultural land in the Khirbet Homs in the northern Jordan Valley under the pretext of military training, which caused great losses.
- Dismantling a residential caravan belonging to Yusef Alyan, and seized it in the Al-Dyuk Al-Tahta village, west of Jericho as well as seizing construction equipment in the Bardala village in the northern Jordan Valley.