2019 / 11 / 18
By: Madeeha Araj,
The National Bureau for Defending Land and Resisting Settlements said in his latest weekly report , that the Israeli occupation forces assault against the Palestinian citizens in the West Bank including Jerusalem is continued, practice a policy of ethnic cleansing, confiscate and bulldoze their lands. Settlers also continue their provocations and attacks against the Palestinian farmers while harvesting their olives, and stealing their crops. For its part, the B Tselem Center recorded a sharp rise in the demolition of Palestinian houses under the pretext of having no licenses. Between 2004 - 2018, the Israeli authorities demolished every year about 54 houses in the East Jerusalem, while the number of houses demolished since the beginning of 2019 until the end of last September amounted to 140 houses in East Jerusalem between 2004 and 2019, more than 3,118 Palestinians of whom 1,671 minors, were deported.
During the same period, the Israeli occupation municipality in Jerusalem forced 28 Palestinians to demolish their homes in 2019 at their own in order to avoid paying high fines to the municipality. It was reported that the demolitions concentrated in Beit-Hanina, Shu fat, Isawiya, Ras-Amud and Jabal al-Mukaber, Tur, Al-Thawri and Sheikh Jarrah. In return, Israel exerted great efforts to prevent the construction in the Palestinian areas, thus, it has confiscated more than 24,500 dunams since 1967, most of which are privately owned Palestinian land and built 11 neighborhoods for the Jew.
In the Nablus Governorate, the Rahalims settlers cut down 60 olive trees near the Yasuf and Sawiya villages south of Nablus. They also cut down scores of olive trees, and destroyed 42 fruitful olive trees in the Burin village south of Nablus. Moreover, Israeli occupation forces prevented farmers from the Sabastia town, northwest of Nablus, from harvesting olives and expelling them from their land under the pretext of having no permits.
In the northern Jordan Valley, the Israeli authorities ordered to evacuate an agricultural land in the Bqea plain, southeast of Tubas, where the Israeli occupation forces stormed the land and notified farmers of the evacuation of a land and uproot 350 olive trees, remove a fence and a water collection well with a capacity of 70 cubic meters, and an agricultural room. Meanwhile, in an important decision of the highest European Judicial Authority, the European Court of Justice ruled on Nov. 13th to oblige Israel to put a poster explaining the source of food produced in the settlements and exported to the European -union- for moral considerations. The court said that under the EU laws on labeling, the source of the food must be clarified so that consumers can choose based on ethical considerations.
It was reported that Israel has sent warning messages to European countries, threatening of damages that would affect their relations with Israel if their countries implement the resolution of the court. Israel is trying to get the support of the US administration and Congress on that. In this regard, the US authorities demanded pressure on the EU to stop the issuance of such resolution.
In a new position condemning the occupation and its settlement policies, the UNs General Assembly adopted a resolution demanding Israel to stop the exploitation of natural resources in the Palestinian territories, including East Jerusalem, and the occupied Syrian Golan. 156 countries voted in favor of the resolution, which affirmed the inalienable rights of the Palestinian people and the population of the Syrian Golan over their natural resources, including land, water and energy resources..
A list of Israeli Assaults over the Last Week, Documented by the National Bureau
- Demolishing 2 houses in al-Mentar area, al-Sawahra town, under the pretext of not having a license.
- Demolishing a house and agricultural burn in the occupied East Jerusalem, seizing a house in Wadi al-Jamal under the pretext of not having a license, demolishing 4 burns in the al-Sala a Neighborhood of Jabal al-Mukaber, southeast of occupied Jerusalem.
- The Israeli High Court approved the demolition orders of 4 houses in the Ein-Kahel town.
- Notifying citizen, Ali Faraj-Allah to stop construction in a building under construction at the entrance of the Idna town, west of Hebron, under the pretext that the building is in Area C.
- Settlers gathered at the main entrance of the Al-Jaba a village, southwest of Bethlehem..
- The Israeli occupation forces decided to demolish the house of Walid Hanani in Khirbet Tana, Beit Fork, east of Nablus, puncturing 4 vehicles, wrote racist slogans, confiscated bulldozer.
- Attacking farmers while picking their olives in the Sheikh Bishr area, east of Jalud, Nablus.
- Destroying 35 old-olive trees in the Yasuf village east of Salfit, stolen olive harvesting equipment.
- Damaging tires of 20 vehicles, wrote racist slogans in Qarawat Bani Hassan village, west of Salfit.
- Stealing olives from the lands of Kafr Qaddum village, east of Qalqilia, near the security fence of the settlement.
- Preventing the staff of Jayious Municipality from erecting electricity poles in Yubik area under the pretext that the area is used for military purposes.
- Order to stop work on a water tank east of Tubas with a capacity of 1,000 cups for a group of farmers, recently set up in the agricultural plain of Tubas, and another to stop work in residential facilities, and sheep-burn for eight Palestinian families under the pretext of not having a license in the Atouf area southeast of Tubas.
- Demolishing a 70-square-meter house in the Atouf village, under the pretext of not having a license, and a residential caravan, in the area of Al-Deek al-Tahta north of the city of Jericho, under the same pretext.
- 34 stop-work notification orders were issued for a number of establishments in the Beqaa Plain of Atouf, besides 6 health units, 18 water tanks each with a capacity of 1.5 cubic meters, and an agricultural water tank with a capacity of 500 cubic meters belonging to farmers in the Ras Al-Ahmar area.