2019 / 9 / 30
By: Madeeha Araj,
The National Bureau for Defending Land and Resisting Settlements said in his latest weekly report , that the southern areas of Hebron are subjected to extensive settlement acts as the Israeli Occupation Authorities announced the seizure of about populated 1500 dunums located within the borders of the Dura Municipality, south of Hebron, planted with olive trees and almonds. In 1987, a State Document was signed against the basin n. 8 of Dura land by Israeli military order, and on July 31st this year, the Israeli Authorities completed the inspection and amendment of the borders, knowing that part of these lands located in areas B, and owners have an Ottoman Tabu on that. The old-new recently amended military order provides for the seizure of this lands adjacent to Beer-Sab’a St. which connects the eastern Dura countryside and the southern town of Dhahriya that belonging to Amr, Abu Sharar, Al-Khatib, Shaheen, Dodeen, Hreibat and others.
In Hebron, settlers set up 6 new outposts on Palestinian land in the area between the 2017-2019 years, hundreds of meters away from major settlements built since previous years. Those outposts were erected on the eastern, western and southern sides of the Governorate, particularly on the lands of Dura, Bani Na im, Yatta, As-Samu, Dahreiah and Sa ir. The Occupation Authorities have been practicing for 25 years since the massacre committed by Baruch Goldstein, the policy of harassing the Palestinians to force them leave their city under the security pretexts, and to replace them with settlers.
In Nablus, a new settlement plan was disclosed to seize more land in Naqora, Sebastia, and Burqa, north of Nablus, in order to expand the settlement of Shafi Shomron through diverting agricultural land adjacent to the settlement from basin n 12 to settlement, knowing that settlement outpost around Nablus witness an expansion of their structural plans at the expense of the lands of the citizens, as is the case with the lands surrounding the settlements of Yitzhar and Bracha, south of Nablus.
In Jerusalem, the alleged "temple organizations" are preparing to carry out a series of Judaizing programs and large-scale invasions of the Al-Aqsa Mosque, on the occasion of the festive season, and incite further breaking into to impose a de facto position there. Those organizations have begun to intensify their calls and disseminate them via media and social networking sites affiliated to them, stressing the full coordination with the occupation police to facilitate such acts.
In the wild-Sawahri, Jerusalem, the Israeli occupation authorities demolished the sit-in-strike tent after the Israeli Army declared it a closed military area, and prevented residents from reaching it in order to seize these lands. In spite the fact that the lands threatened by confiscation are far away from the Palestinian communities, residents and owners say that they will rebuild the tent and continue their sit-in-strike.
During her speech before the Human Rights Council, Head of Contacts and Media at the Marsad Organization, Sillin Yashar, as well as many other European and international NGOs, including the Euro-Mediterranean Observatory expressed their concern about the large-scale demolition acts in the West Bank, particularly in the occupied Jerusalem, describing them as “terrifying” , as the Israeli occupation authorities destroyed more than 59 homes in East Jerusalem during the first half of 2019, and 215 demolitions were counted in 2018, which led to the displacement of thousands of Palestinians in clear violation of International Law and Humanitarian International Law. Worth mentioning that these organization have demanded the international community to conduct the necessary investigations to put an end to the occupation and it violations.
A list of Israeli Occupation and Settlers Assaults over the Last Week, Documented by the National Bureau:
- Head of the Israeli Shin-bet, Avi Dichter stormed Al-Aqsa Mosque guarded by Special Occupation Police, conducted several provocative tours.
- Settlers and students of Talmudic institutes break into the courtyards of the mosque from the Moroccan Gate.
- Organizing a weekly march in the vicinity of of Al-Aqsa Mosque, to celebrate "the Hebrew New Year and the beginning of the Hebrew month."
- Closing Hatta and Lion Gates to secure the march of the settlers..
- Demolishing a house under construction in Jabal Toor.
- Demolishing “tent for horses” with an area of about 100 m2 in Silwan town, south of Al-Aqsa Mosque.
- Evacuating a Jerusalemite family from their home in Wadi Hilweh Neighborhood of Silwan in favor of the Elad and Ateret Cohenim settlement organizations under a decision by the Court of the Israeli occupation in Jerusalem.
- Demolishing a two-storey house on an area of 520 meters at the southwest entrance of Dura town South of Hebron under the pretext of not having a license.
- Demolishing an agricultural room that was used to store agricultural tools in Al-Baqa’a area east of Hebron.
- Confiscating a bulldozer belonging to Takoa Municipality while digging a water pipeline for Al-Barrieh area that located within the municipal boundaries, workers were illegally detained.
- Settlers of “Adi A ad” outpost located on Tormus aia lands razed 5 to 6 dunums of land belonging to a Palestinian family. This is the fourth time in-a raw in 2 months that the town witnesses barbaric crimes by settlers under the Israeli soliders’ protection.
- Wounding a Palestinian in the head, damaging 3 vehicles in Beitin village east of Ramallah.
- Planning to demolish once again the house of Um Nasser Abu Hameed after the house was reconstructed in the Al-Amari Camp in Ramallah. The house was demolished 3 times, most recently last year, claiming that her son threw a stone from the highest house in the camp, killing an Israeli occupation soldier, who was carrying out a night raid into the camp.
- Erecting "caravans" on Mar-Saba St. east of Al-Obaideia.
- Handing over demolition orders of two houses in Kisan village, east of Bethlehem.
-Stealing olive fruits in the Yasuf village for the second year.
-Destroying olive trees after harvesting the fruit, as well as leveling a number of stone walls in the area. The land is located southeast of Yasuf, specifically at the entrance to the Rahalim settlement.
- Demolishing an agricultural facility in Deir-Belout town, west of Salfit.
- Closing the agricultural road linking Azzoun and Kafr Thulth towns east of Qalqilya.
- Erecting a military monitoring post on the roof of a Al-Hawouz area in the Azzon town.
- Closing main roads with soil blocks in the Kafr Thulath village southeast of Qalqilya, West Bank.
- Sezing a Palestinian vehicle in the Ras-Ahmar area, southeast of Tubas.
- Detaining workers, who dig wells in Khirbet Samra in the northern Jordan Valley.
- Sezing an agricultural tractor in Um-Qubba area and taking it to Samra Camp.