2019 / 8 / 5
By : Madeeha Araj,
The National Bureau for Defending Land and Resisting Settlements said in his latest weekly report , that Netanyahu s demagogic maneuvers has never stopped , and his recent allegations that follows demolishing homes of the Palestinian citizens in Wadi al-Hems in Jerusalem are not more than fake promises as the Israeli occupation cabinet misleads the public and international opinions, covers up its crime through giving some Palestinians the right to build in Area C. This move has a political dimensions, and it is a message that Israel controls the whole Area C. Moreover, the Cabinet approved a proposal to build 6,000 housing units for settlers in return for 715 new housing units for the Palestinians. Days before the arrival of Jared Kouchner, adviser of US President Donald Trump, and responsible for implementing the US "Century Deal”, to Israel claiming that his tour is to help solve the Palestinian-Israeli conflict.
On the other hand, many Israeli circles including rabbis, Knesset members and Israeli officials from the ruling right-wing parties openly expressed their intention to prevent the Palestinians from constructing´-or-creating their own State, recalling that the occupied West Bank is a land for the people of Israel and the Israeli law shall be imposed on it, adding that would mean the establishment of a terrorist state among the settlement blocs. "Leaders of the Settlement councils issued statement against the inner Israeli cabinet, in which head of the regional settlement council Benjamin Yerael Gantz said, conducing discussion in the cabinet to approve the Arab construction plans in the area C is very harmful.
Within the context of Judaizing and settlement plans, and during a tour of the settlement "Efrat" in the southern West Bank, PM Netanyahu announced the start of the construction of 1000 settlement units in the Bethlehem Governorate, reiterating that no settler in the West Bank shall be uprooted. At the same time, the Planning Department of the occupation Jerusalem Municipality is planning to build 2,000 new housing units, a network of roads , public buildings and develop the necessary infrastructure in the "Ramot" settlement in Jerusalem. It added the plan will allow the addition of large housing unit including approving a master plan at the Ramot neighborhood. It also announced approved a new master plan at the Damascus Gate, as well as the establishment of housing, employment and entertainment centers according to its mayor, Moshe Leon.
On the other hand, the Israeli occupation government intends to submit a plan to motivate countries to transfer their embassies to Jerusalem, noting that the plan put forward by the Minister of Foreign Affairs of the occupation, "Israel Katz," dealing with the transfer of embassies as a strategic goal. Kats treated the issue as a top priority in his duties as Minister of Foreign Affairs and will soon submit a proposal to the Israeli government to allocate NIS 50 million to assist the countries that transfer their embassies.
The Planning and Construction Committee affiliated to the Israeli Civil Administration in the West Bank and East Jerusalem promotes the construction of 2,430 settlement units and that 4 settlements will be rebuilt. According to the plan, 354 units will be built in the settlement of Nili, 346 in Bethel settlement, 194 in Ganei Modi in settlement, 132 in Kfar Adumim settlement, 94 in Beit Hagai settlement, 66 in Efrat settlement, 61 in Allen Shvut settlement, 51 in Shilo settlement, 18 in Maale Adumim settlement, 215 in Asfar settlement, 207 in Bracha settlement, 149 in Ganei Mudan settlement, 168 in the Talmon settlement, 192 in the Kfar Adumim settlement, 98 in the Kiryat Netafim settlement, 94 in Beit Hagai settlement, 94 in the settlement of Michola, 80 in the Yacir settlement, Shima, 66 in Efrat settlement, 61 in Alon Shivut settlement, 51 in Shilo settlement, 29 in the Otniel settlement, 27 in Maskiot settlement, 19 in Baduel and 18 in Ma ale settlements,and 11 units in the Anav settlement.
A list of Israeli Occupation and Settlers Assaults over the Last Week, Documented by the National Bureau
- Confiscating 5 and 200 m2 dunums in Qaisan neighborhood, Sur Baher, southeast of Jerusalem.
- Removing barbed wire and demolishing retaining walls in Nabi Samuel village, northwest of Jerusalem, inhabited by nearly 500 people.
- Attacking a Jerusalem family, spraying pepper gas, after storming their house in Obeid neighborhood in Issawiya village , northeast of Jerusalem
- Storming Al-Aqsa Mosque under security guards, targeting worshipers and young people.
- Closing the iron gate on the Wadi al-Delb road, near the village of Deir Ibiza and Ne ma villages that links the villages of West Ramallah and the city of Ramallah.
- Destroying part of a tourist project, near the archaeological site in Sebastia town in the north of Nablus in areas classified as "B", where the Israeli occupation forces washed away what was accomplished through the project funded by the Belgian Cooperation, managed by the Municipal Development Fund and the relevant ministerial committees.
- Confiscating a bulldozer working to rehabilitate the western entrance to Akraba town south of Nablus and preventing the completion of the work being classified as "C".
- Wounding 13 young men by live ammunition and rubber bullets during confrontation in Nablus city during the storming of Joseph tomb under heavy guard of the occupation patrols, and they performed rituals Talmud.
- Uprooting scores of olive trees in Yasuf town northeast of Salfit, cutting more than 80 large and fruitful olive trees.
- Confiscating lands belonging to citizens near "Hamdat settlement" in the northern Jordan Valley and plowing about 100 dunums in one of the plains near the settlement.
- Demolishing tents and barks at the Ras Ahmar area to -;--;-the northern Jordan Valley under the pretext of being located close to military area.
- Storming the Ras Ahmar in Aatuf valley in the northern Jordan Valley as well as destroying the cattle barracks and threatening their owners if they rebuild it again.
- Seizing water rig in Bardala village in the northern valleys.
- Erecting a new caravan and a fence in -;--;-Abu al-Qandul area.
- Closing the Jayyus-Nabi Elias road and Azzoun village entrance in the northern West Bank.