2019 / 4 / 15
By: Madeeha Araj,
The National Bureau for Defending Land and Resisting Settlements said in his latest weekly report , that the Palestinian territories occupied in June 1967 witnessed an ongoing ethnic cleansing campaign by the Israeli government in order to seize large areas of land and expel as many Palestinians as possible, prepares for erecting Apartheid regime, through, issuing new military order to confiscate 406 donums from Al-Aroub Refugee Camp, and and Beit Umar and Halhul towns to create a new settlement road no. 4370 extended from Esayoun", north of Hebron to Halhoul. This road will take about 1273 dunums of land.
The strategic objective of this road is to link the so-called Greater Jerusalem with its borders to Beit El-Baraka with the settlement of Kiryat Arba and the Karmei Tzur settlement, preventing the Palestinians from using this road. At the same time, the Israeli occupation authorities decided to confiscate 385 dunums of agricultural land in Tubas, Tamoun and Tayasir in the northern in the Jordan Valley in the Tubas Governorate under the pretext of constructing a military road. In addition, 384, 492 dunums were confiscated in the Tayasir area to make a road, only a few meters away from the homes of the citizens and Tayasir School. Moreover, isolating bout 42,000 dunums of land, and to preventing the people from accessing these lands without permission.
Moreover, the Israeli government approved in 2014 a plan to open 300 km roads and bypass roads in the West Bank to merely serve settlements, and the seizure of tens of thousands of dunums of Palestinian land to strengthen its control over large areas in the West Bank and Jerusalem area. They have been under construction for a number of years and include 44 plans, of which more than 24 have been approved, while others are under process. The length of the roads is 157 km, while the length of the schemes that have not yet been approved is 140. In total, 300 km of roads are required, so, about 25,000 dunums will be confiscated.
At the construction level, the District Planning and Building Committee has approved the building of 770 new settlement unit at the Bitar Elete settlement, located on the lands of the residents of Husan, Nahalin and Wadi Fukin villages west of Bethlehem, The Israeli High Planning Council approved last week a construction project in the settlement of Ma aleh Adumim, which includes the demolition of two existing buildings, each consisting of 4 floors with 147 units and 17 apartments, a commercial shop, and the construction of 7 buildings and new residential towers The building plan will include a total of 750 housing units, commercial buildings and public buildings, and the total number of units in the project will be 750 housing units, while the District Planning and Building Committee has approved a new structural plan for the settlement of Gilo in order to increase its population and linking new areas to the settlement. 30-storey will be built on the side of Rosmarin Street, which the light train will pass by it. The number of houses in the buildings on both sides of the street will be 55.7 housing units per dunam, and the area of the residential unit will be 110 m2, where historical buildings in the area are there since the Jordanian era.
The so-called Israeli Higher Education Council approved the establishment of the Faculty of Medicine at the University of the West Bank settlement of Ariel after Israeli Attorney General, Avihai Mandelblit recommended that. The debate took place in the Council, where 13 people voted in favor of the resolution and 5 rejected it. The decision will begin with the new academic year, which was described by Channel 7 Hebrew as a first step to annex the settlement blocs to Israeli sovereignty.
A report published by the Israeli Peace Now Movement, stated that 19346 housing units were built in West Bank and Jerusalem settlements during Netanyahu s term in office, adding 13608 units i.e. 70% were built in isolated settlements, in which 60,000 settlers are there. The report noted that 11% of the construction, 2206 settlement units are illegal according to the laws applied by Israel in the settlements under international law. The report outlined that Nis 10.272 billion were invested in settlements.
In a statement to the Council of Settlements on the results of the Israeli elections, the so-called "Council of Settlements" in the West Bank confirmed that the results of the elections indicate that the people expressed their loyalty to the land of "Israel" and support for the extension of the occupation sovereignty over areas in the West Bank and the Jordan Valley.
The village of Jalud, south of Nablus, and the municipality of Anata in Jerusalem, besides, 2 Palestinians living in America filed lawsuits before the American District Court of Delaware against the company that promotes tourism in settlements.
A list of Israeli Occupation and Settlers Assaults over The Last Week, Documented by the National Bureau:
- Al-Maqdisi, Nabih al-Bassiti demolished his house in Al-Wad Street, Old Jerusalem in order to avoid paying a fine.
- Issuing a decision to demolish 4 houses in Silwan neighborhood, belonging to the Burgan, Al-Walaq and Kashur families, which have been in place since 2000. Each family has been subject to fines for "building without a permission", NIS 100,000 for each house.
- Orders to demolish several houses in the town of Issawiya under the pretext of building without permission.
- Attacking Palestinian property in Ein Yabrud, east of Ramallah, and wrote racist slogans on the walls of houses and vehicles, as well as puncturing a number of cars tires.
- Injuring 2 youths by stones while settlers tried to storm the village of Jebiya, northwest of Ramallah that has 200 people.
- Notification order to demolish 9 houses and facilities east of Yatta, Hebron district, under the pretext of building without permits.
- Order to demolish 4 houses, caravan and tent in the area of Musafer Yatta.
- For the second time in a row, prevent opening a new road at the Al-Amad area West of the Yata town.
- Threatening a number of citizens in the town of Beitar, west of Bethlehem, to evacuate their agricultural land, and preventing them from access.
- Forcing the family of Ayman Rizk Zerina to demolish its house in the Beit Jala area and threatening to arrest the family members and force them to pay heavy fines amounting to NIS 230,000 should they don t do that.
- Arresting farmer, Issam Ibrahim Hamed, 33 from the village of Shufa, southeast of Tulkarm while working in his land near the settlement of Avni Hevits. The occupation forces continuously assault farmers while working in their land under the pretext that they are close to the settlement, while the occupation continues the expansion of the settlement at an accelerated pace at the expense of the citizens lands.
- Attacking shepherds in Khirbet Ibzig and the Suwaida area in the northern Jordan Valley, and prevented them from accessing the fence. It was said that settlers are trying to to establish an outpost in the Jordan border since 2 years.