Saladin O Perapabi
2018 / 9 / 23
Economic problems and development constraints are the key reasons behind the loss of political stability and regional tension among underdeveloped countries
By : Dr. Saladin O. Perababi*
After the grate changes in the world, in the end of eighth of the last Century , the end of cold war ,the disappearance Totalitarian Govern System, and central planed economy the radical progress of ITC Technology, connecting the entire world as so called one village .The economic development issue liberated from different Ideological, Philosophy confrontation. Its meaning became synonym, in both advanced and less developed countries, as well as its achievement became the main factor of strengthen the internal and regional security of Nations. The globalization bring a great challenge to the economic growth and development for many countries to day . the most severing countries from it, is those less developed one, and the most corrupted, which face at the same time
Economic development crises and Political Instability
The economic problems, the constraints before the process of economic development, the slowness of growth modes and the length of waiting without achieving real development on ground felt by all people in all big and small administrative units that are distributed on the different geographic locations of the country in addition to the mal-distribution of the modest fruits of development on the different regions and areas which would create a sort of loss of trust and suspicion regarding the governmental administration s persistence in protecting the interests of the people of those areas and the endeavor to find social and political explanations for condemning its political policies, development orientations and accusing it with being biased against those areas and their population. These explanations are exploited and are made into a basis for the build up of ideas and opinions´-or-even anti-government ideologies which would streamline the process of political mobilization of the population of those areas that haven t got their fair share form the fruits of development´-or-the resources of the country. Furthermore, social, national´-or-ethnic characteristics streamline the process of political mobilization and they accelerate the crystallization of conflicts
and make them more tense in this phase of the life of those countries and nations that are historically classified as the marginalized ones.
Going back to the real status of ongoing internal conflicts in almost all the countries of the world, we would realize that they all fall into the same framework no matter what the leadership of those conflicts tried to give those conflicts different explanations. Governments usually use those pretexts to strengthen their military and police institutions to strike the opposition, chasing it down, compelling it to find safe havens and allies beyond the borders and allying with powers that are against the ruling regime. At this point, the problem expands and gets more complicated among external and internal parties and the security and political situations get worse leaving their destructive impacts on the development process as a result of:
- The increase of political and security in stability in the country which would eventually lead to the loss of the most significant prerequisites conditions of the process of economic development altogether with weakening the international attitude of the country, the increase of -dir-ect and in-dir-ect external intervention into the country s internal affairs and its being gradually involved into the policy of containment.
- The increase of its development constraints and problems because of orienting the larger already portions of its-limit-ed resources towards financing its increasing and costly expenses on the expense of financing development investments and creating fears and constraints before the investments of the private local and foreign sectors which would weaken its potentials in the sustainability in the humble economic development even in the areas which enjoy a portion of development fruits such as the capital´-or-the cities that are considered as the influence areas of the regime. This led to the gradual loss of achievements, satisfaction and support of the population of those areas because of the augmentation of economic and social problems resulting from the growth of growth average accompanied by the rise of inflation, unemployment and migration of people and national competencies.
- This situation will be continued for unpredicted times since the opposition and the ruling party are split by huge violence and excessiveness and the closure of dialogue and peaceful political solutions. Each part is taking strict and costly procedures not for solving their problems, but for guaranteeing their staying in the conflict arena which goes beyond peaceful political conflict towards an armed conflict which costs financial and human losses and the creation of non-modern and disastrous outcomes in resolving problems. Usually, the conflict parties try to involve other parties in their conflict to alleviate their pressure´-or-the provision of military and logistic support for themselves. This has been fully noticed in the atrocities practiced against our Kurdish people, the Iran-Iraq war (First Gulf War, the war of expelling Iraq from Kuwait and to the current status of Iraq and its populations.
- The deterioration of the current situation and the augmentation of armed conflict will weaken the outer fence of the country that can be easily penetrated by other countries who will be pushed by their in by their interests to infiltrate into the borders´-or-collapsing the ruling regime.
The reasons behind the augmentation of the internal problems and their conversion into regional´-or-international conflicts especially in underdeveloped countries
- The lack of strategic visioning of political leadership and self-determination decisions without a deep studying of internal and external situations, previous experiences of other countries and the objective participation of well-experienced people and the public opinion, any wise leadership´-or-opposition cannot take future implications ,timelines ´-or-the inevitability of what decisions makers have in mind, and consequently the possibilities of conflicts taking potentials outside the mind of decision makers, and also the possibility of the taking place of catastrophic outcomes on them and their suppressed people despite their being appraised by shallow-interested people and even the parliament has the ruling role of driving the already mobilized media outlets and glorifying in legislating laws that are even disastrous.
- A superlative and even calculative comparison between the potentials of the government and the other parties makes many good governments which undermine the opposition and take many grave decisions in a reactional and speedy manner from the perspective of arrogance and adventuring the fate of the country and the interests of their people away from a scientific and rational calculation of the reasons and outcomes of ensuing problems which would become more obvious to the interests of the country in the future. This will get the country involved into wars, conflicts, the dominance of violence and the spirit of revenge in return without getting rid of the opposition and putting an end to the problem.
- In many cases the decision of using military force to ostensibly summing the opposition seem to really be a coverage of the government s failure of its political leaderships in achieving its political, social and developmental programs due to mal-administration and corruption and the intentional planning of escalating its security and military procedures, covering its failure in the political, social and economic areas, deceiving the public opinion and keeping it away from its legal and right rights,
Delaying those rights under prioritizing securing objectives over economic and likelihood objectives of the people´-or-to cover plundering of resources, corruption and stealing the resources of the populations and their unique developmental sources.
- The continuity of the atmosphere of stability and the regimes negligence of political and democratic solutions based on democratic dialogue, respect to individual and public rights and the public opinion are not attributed to the lack of knowledge and experience are not only attributed to those leaderships, but they are connected with their involvement with war interests and the continuity of tensions status and instability status which is in the political literature known as (war profiteering) who can be among the ruling people in the opposition.
Such leaderships cannot practice their ruling and confront their people unless under an exceptional ruling prevailed by war´-or-threatened by war to make it there pretexts to shout mouths, confiscate liberties, plundering of public resources, consolidating the suppressive authorities to protect their ruling seats and continue their ruling instead of economic and social development and the loss of any hope to reform. This what have observed from the Arabic dictatorial slogans in the last decades (Every thing for the sake of the battle), delaying the rights of the peoples, their demands for economic and political reforms, the factual orientation towards democracy, the non-monopoly to the administrative and centralized power through activating regional and local administrations in making decisions and defining the priorities of planning in all its levels and following up their execution transparently from the priority of confronting with the national security enemies within classified information not known to the population of the country which would otherwise bring catastrophic outcomes on the people and its rulers at the same time.
4- What’s observed is that the history of international wars and internal conflicts and the methods of using organized violence by nations to repress the resistance and the counter violence by the resistance to impose its demands and goals, had brought with it catastrophes in weakening the regimes, the governments and the resistance and their people at the same time and for a long time to come. Modern history proved that armed conflict, wars, revolutions and uprisings are unable to establish and maintain systems that have components of sustainability and prosperity in the form of simple and democratic methods, keeping a distance from the monopolization of power and counting upon force, while historic trials for these types of regimes from the mid of the previous century and until now, have all proven their failure after deceiving themselves and their people for centuries and in keeping tension, instability and miss use of energy and they were destined for vanishing and falling and the rest of that is on the way. Regimes like these and even after their downfall leave only accumulated complex problems with many sides and aspects which will put load on the people first and the following successive government second, which will devote planning, effort and resources for a long period of time to fix the unbalances and deformations that were left by the previous regime in all the aspects of the political, economical, managerial and social life, which will enforce the new regime to reconsider all those aspects and to try and rebuild them and this will need a lot of time and unified political will, experience and the modern governing know how, which is usually lacking from the entities that are newly governing, which causes sustainability of the pervious negatives and the domination of some of the condemned aspect like loyalty to political and ethnic parties and some of the things that accompany that like weakness of performance and management and financial corruption which endangers the whole process of rebuilding in failing, and increase hopelessness and lack of confidence of the people, and this can form a suitable ground for nourishing new armed resistance under many different names and the continuance of violence and instability in addition to the unstableness of the government and the main loss in this would be the people at first and then the government and even the oppositions according to how powerful each one is. Internal problems cannot be solved in the third world countries no matter what those problems are except through solving the problem of governing through finding a suitable model for a safe three dimensioned method based upon political reform and the participation of all in an appropriate governance that ensures law enforcement and a bigger public participation, and actual development with more public participation so that the public could actually benefit from its outcome with no spoliation´-or-special preferences on the account of others in addition to having relations away from extremism and away fro interfering with the internal affairs of other nations´-or-countries, and to open up to others so as to benefit from the positive aspects of those ongoing relationships which are based upon mutual benefits, in addition to bringing new and developed technologies and to enhance the countries economics to raise the annual development percentages and by that you increase the level of prosperity of the people which is considered a safety factor in resolving political problems internally and externally, so that the leaders and the oppositions know that their crises is made up of political, executive and economical issues and that the solution can be found in actual development. Actual development has its priorities and every one participates in choosing it and in accomplishing it and after that in obtaining its revenues. Turning life in to a military life, wars and economics has never solved a problem. The solution is in raising the public’s awareness and to increase its ability to find effective methods and to use peaceful ways in putting pressure on rulers and leaders of the oppositions in a civilized manner that suits this modern age in practicing politics and even political struggles and to move away from barbaric and savage methods who’s ages have long gone. New and old experiences have proven that building a strong military´-or-police force cannot supplement economical and social development and cannot bring any good´-or-even protect any one and it is destined for failure. The only insurance and protection is found in reinforcing the spirit of love and harmony and the acknowledgment of the rights of others and their participations.
Iraqi Kurdistan –Erbil .