The Left Worker-communist Party of Iraq - LWPI
2018 / 8 / 17
for The Salvation of Iraqi society
Since the beginning of July 2018, a revolutionary uprising started its first spark from the city of Basra and quickly spread out to most of the Iraqi cities. This revolutionary movement began to rise and develop day after day. It has started with basic demands such as drinking water, electricity, and employment for millions of unemployed people. However, these demands quickly rose to a revolution aimed at overthrowing the Islamic sectarian and nationalist government. Most of Iraqi society now wants a modern, civilized and humane society in which religion does not interfere and where people are not being discriminated against based on religion, sect, nationality´-or-tribe. The masses of Iraq want to abolish any gender discrimination and inequality that is inflicted on women and demand the full equality of women and men. The only system that can bring prosperity, freedom and equality to all is the system that the human being-;- the human and universal values are at its heart and center and which become the spine of its policies and laws-;- the system that meets the needs of human beings and not the system based on exploitation and accumulation of wealth by the minority,´-or-a system based on the values of Islam, religion, sects,´-or-nationalism and other false identities.
The establishment of this civilized, humane, and free system depends on:
First: the overthrow of the government of the Islamic sectarian nationalist and tribal militias with all its organs, institutions, militias, guards and its repression apparatus. The state machine must be completely smashed.
Second: The state that emerges as a result of the revolution must make great strides in order to achieve the slogans that the masses demand and constitute a practical embodiment of the victory of the revolution of the masses.
Third: Organizing citizens in councils because these are the only guarantor of their free and conscious intervention in the government.
Fourth: Abolition of the system of Wage Slavery. In the economic policy of the new state the broader welfare and meet all the aspirations of the masses must be ensured and not for investments and plunder of wealth by the parasitic minority.
The practical meaning of overthrowing the militia government
1. Dissolution of the current Iraqi government, including the Prime Minister, President, Speaker of Parliament and all other governmental posts.
2. Immediately arrest and bring to justice all officials in the current government who have ordered the execution of,´-or-committed crimes against, swindled,´-or-have their hands tarnished with the blood of the people, and to bring all fugitive officials abroad for trial.
3. Dissolution of all security and intelligence aparatus, counter-terrorism unit, and Al-Hashd El-Sha’bi militia, and all state military forces. All international and regional countries’ armies and military forces must be expelled from Iraq.
4. dissolve the government, parliament, federal court, and all political bodies-;- legislative, executive and judicial.
5. Dissolve of constitution, the Iraqi criminal code, labor laws, and all anti-women laws and decrees, and all laws that embody sectarianism and nationalism.
The immediate steps the state emanating from the revolution should take:
The state emanating from the revolution aims to prevent the return of the religious, sectarian, nationalist and tribal forces hostile to the masses to power and their first task is the immediate implementation of all the demands of the masses and the prevention of any plots and counter attacks by the regional countries against the revolution and to create the ground to raise conscious and free capacity of the people in safe conditions to elect a new government. The revolutionary state is to implement the following urgent tasks:
1. Freeing all political prisoners in Iraq immediately without any conditions.
2. The release of all political and individual freedoms unconditionally
3. Issuing legislation to decree full equality between women and men and the immediate abolition of all laws that degrade women´-or-established women s inferiority
4. Raising the minimum wage to ensure decent living, providing job opportunities´-or-providing unemployment benefits, men and women alike, while providing the widest network of social welfare for all citizens.
5. Decreeing the immediate separation of religion from the state, education and the judicial system. Freedom of religion and atheism is a personal matter.
6. Adaptation the principle of equal citizenship and the elimination of all forms of discrimination on the basis of race, sect, religion´-or-sexual orientation among all members of society
7. Immediate abolition of capital punishment
8. Issuing laws that guarantee the widest possible civil liberties such as freedom of expression, press, publications, meetings, demonstrations, strikes, freedom of association and unrestricted gatherings.
9. Investigate the financial accounts of government officials and their associates and all religious and economic institutions and bodies of the current militia government. The confiscation of all funds belonging to government officials and institutions obtained from the robbing of the wealth of society and return the stolen and the wealth that was diverted from banditry, thefts and looting, by officials and disbursed for the provision of services such as electricity, drinkable water, and raise the level of public welfare and establishing the necessities of contemporary and modern society.
-dir-ect Intervention of the Masses in Government and Running the Affairs of Society
After the toppling of the current militia-government, the masses should not leave the political arena. The masses organize themselves in councils to manage their affairs. Public intervention in politics and power is a necessary condition for liberating society from any form of discrimination and deprivation. The next government must be a council government.
Abolition of the Wage Slavery System
The pursuit of profit and exploitation, the tightening of living conditions through capitalist investment and the widespread deprivation, are all characteristics of the system of wage slavery, which for the overwhelming majority of the masses is in diametric contradiction with their humanity, dignity, well-being, freedoms, and a decent life worthy of the human being, whether in Iraq´-or-elsewhere. The capitalist system in Iraq and in all countries does not bring but economic austerity, high prices, poverty, inflation and hardship. social welfare under this system is impossible. On the political and social side, the fundamental characteristics of the capitalist system in all countries are political deprivation and robbing the masses of their free political decision. Especially in Iraq in the last two decades, poverty, unemployment, famine, forced displacement, wars and the imposition of the most severe forms of deprivation have become essential for the survival of the capitalist system. We must prevent the perpetuation of this barbarism under the name of patriotism. Patriotism takes the place of sectarianism and nationalism. But the priority must be for the human being, for humanity, for civility, modernity and for the achievements of the highest levels of human development, for freedom, equality and welfare for all citizens, and for the abolition of the current political and economic system in Iraq. In other words, the next state in Iraq must be socialist that provides welfare, security, equality, modernity, civility and freedom for every citizen without discrimination.
The Left Worker-communist Party of Iraq struggles to gain political power and achieve the above-mentioned objectives. Our goal is to establish a socialist republic in Iraq. This socialist republic aims at the highest level of social well-being and the launching of the widest political, social, civil and individual liberties, establishing a society free of discrimination and inequality, opening the borders to the world and not pursuing a policy that leads to tension and war mongering. The socialist republic will also rely on the latest scientific, technological, cultural, social, philosophical and artistic achievements of the human society. The economic, political, cultural and social basis of the desired socialist republic is humanity and the universal values of humanity. This policy moves forward with the -dir-ect and systematic intervention of all citizens in politics and administration of society. The socialist republic is structurally dependent on peoples councils.
Our party struggles to topple the Islamic-sectarian and nationalist-tribal government in Iraq and any form of government which imposes its will on the people from above. We want the -dir-ect intervention of citizens in the formation of the government and demand the abolition of the wage slavery system. We call upon all leftists, revolutionaries, socialists, egalitarians, activists seeking to topple this system, and equality lovers, to struggle to achieve the provisions of this document and invite them to join our ranks to achieve them.
The Left Worker-communist Party of Iraq - LWPI
25 July 2018